Scaffolding Accidents Attorney
Scaffolding accidents are one of the most common construction site accidents. Scaffolding accidents can lead to severe injuries and even death. According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries, 54 fatalities occurred from scaffolds in 2009. All these fatalities can be controlled by compliance with OSHA standards. Some notable victories from Dervishi Law Group, P.C:
- $3,250,000.00: A scaffold worker was struck by a falling scaffold pipe, injuring his neck and back.
- $600,000.00: A plumber fell off a scaffold, injuring his knee and shoulder.
OSHA Policies for Safe Scaffolding Use
- Sound design of scaffolds: A scaffold should be designed in such a way so as to be capable of holding its own weight and four times the maximum intended load to be applied or transmitted to the scaffold and components.
- Selecting the right scaffold for the job: When selecting scaffolds for your job, you need to determine the locations where scaffolds are used and the type of scaffolds needed. Also make sure all scaffolds meet all the government and voluntary requirements.
- Assigning personnel: Assign a competent person for the scaffold selection, erection, use and movement, alteration, maintenance and inspection. Assign only trained and experienced workers to work on scaffolds. Make sure that they are knowledgeable about the type of scaffolding to be used and the use of fall protection equipment.
- Training: All employees should receive proper instruction and training on all the types of scaffolds being used. Training should include installation of fall protection such as guardrails. Competent persons should also be trained regarding the selection of scaffolds, recognition of site conditions and scaffold hazards, protection of exposed personnel and the public, repair and replacement options, etc.
- Fall protection: Guardrails should be installed on all open sides and at the ends of scaffold platforms. Workers on scaffolds should use a fall arrest system as protection against the failure of the scaffold or its components.
- Inspections: Before using a scaffold, inspect the scaffold and it’s components and attach a tag that indicates the date and time of each inspection. You should also inspect all scaffolds before each work shift, after changing weather conditions and after any prolonged interruptions of work.
- Maintenance: Proper maintenance is required for scaffolds. All scaffold repairs should be done under the supervision of a competent person. Only use replacement components from the original manufacturer. Avoid using scaffold components from different manufacturers.
- Guidelines for use: Make sure that the scaffolds and their components are not loaded beyond their rated and maximum capacities. Moving the scaffold should be prohibited while employees are working on it.
We Are Well Educated in the Provisions of the New York Labor Law
At Dervishi Law Group, P.C., we pride ourselves on staying on top of the constantly changing laws in the area of construction accidents.
As experienced New York City Construction Accident Lawyers, we are very familiar with the special provisions of the New York Labor Law that deal with injuries sustained by falls from scaffolds and ladders by construction workers on a work site. We understand the complexities of New York construction laws as well as issues of owner, agent and contractor liability. We pride ourselves on helping scaffold and ladder accident victims throughout the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Westchester County and Rockland County obtain compensation for their injuries and financial loss.
Contact Bronx Scaffolding Accidents Attorney
If you have been injured in a scaffold accident, you should retain a New York City Personal Injury Law Firm with experienced New York scaffold accident attorneys to represent you and help protect your rights. At Dervishi law group, P.C., we have our own investigative team and act quickly to gather and preserve evidence.
Call us at (917) 300-0797 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced scaffolding accident attorneys.
The Dervishi Law Group was able to negotiate a 4 million dollar settlement for a union construction worker
The legal team of Morgan Levine Dolan, P.C. and Fatos Dervishi have won a $4 million settlement from an insurance company for a union construction worker. The worker had suffered serious injuries to his foot, ankle, and knee. It was determined that the construction worker needed surgery and would not be able to return to construction work. The legal team pushed the insurance company right up to the trial deadline, at which point the insurance company relented and agreed to the settlement. Luckily the construction worker hired the right legal team to represent him. This gave him peace of mind to be able to provide for his wife and 14 month old son for the rest of their lives. If you have been injured in an accident make sure you have a winning lawyer on your side.
Free Case Evaluation
We invite you to contact Dervishi Law Group for a Free case evaluation.
Call us: 917-300-0797, 718-619-4525, 212-235-1447, 800-659-9318
Disclaimer: The invitation to contact our firm is not a statement as to the availability of our firm’s attorneys to perform legal services, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. We respect your privacy online. You name and contact information will not be shared with a third party without your consent.